Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Converting seconds since midnight Jan1, 1970 to a proper date/time

Status
Not open for further replies.

boraborasa

Technical User
May 21, 2001
US
I had records that appeared as numbers such as 988,650,723 which is in fact a date field. I was able to convert this to a proper date by using the following formula:
Datevar NewDate:=Truncate({slips.c_date}/86400)+Date(1970,1,1);
Now this field is a date field such as 4/30/2001.
However, now I want to pull just the dates from 4/1/2001 to 4/30/2001 in my report to generate a report for the month of April.
Can you tell me how I can generate this report just for April?
Thanks for your help.
Bora

Use the select expert to select just the records from april.
In preview mode, right-click on the date field and choose 'select expert'. Then, pull down the 2nd drop-down list (the one that should say 'equal' by default), and select 'between'. Then enter the date range in the box provided. I hope this helps. I'm not sure I completely understood your question, though. Is the date field in your report a formula that translates the number of seconds into a valid date? If so, the use the select expert on that field.

Kevin

I was able to figure it out after I posted the question.

Thanks a lot for your help.
Bora

unfortunately this is wrong. You also have to calulate leap years and for some reason it seems to be off 1 second ever 11 years as well. Sorry to burst your bubble but it is not an exact solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back