Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Converting screens 2.6 to 5.0 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ksigvart

Programmer
Jun 4, 2001
US
When converting a screen from FP 2.6 to VFP 5.0 and chosing the functional option of conversion it automatically creates a pageframe for the screen which I would like to get rid of. Is there a way to delete that page frame and keep the objects within that container so the screen will be as if I had built it in VFP 5.0 without creating a PageFrame at all?
Thanks.

Hi,
Select all the objects within the container (all together) and then 'cut'. Then delete the pageframe. Position the cursor suitable place on the screen form and do the 'Paste'.
Remember to note if there is any PageFrame related events. Also remember to remove references if any on any of the objects related to pageframe.
Hope this helps.
ramani :-9
(Subramanian.G)
FoxAcc
ramani_g@yahoo.com
LET KNOW IF THIS HELPED. ENOUGH EXPERTS ARE HERE TO HELP YOU OUT! BEST OF LUCK :)

Hello, is it necessary that you have to use VFP5. VFP6 is current but gtting outdated as VFP7 is getting released. ramani :-9
(Subramanian.G)
FoxAcc
ramani_g@yahoo.com
LET KNOW IF THIS HELPED. ENOUGH EXPERTS ARE HERE TO HELP YOU OUT! BEST OF LUCK :)

Well, it seems like there must be a reference to the objects and/or events on the page frame that I am not finding when I try this. Any suggestions of places I might be forgetting to look?

The reason we are updating this clients mod from FP2.6 to VFP5 is that this will then at least be current with other mods we have written for them in VFP5 and it will all be usable for them in one version.

Thanks for the help.

I know it can be frustrating trying to find these PageFrame references in a complex form. One technique I've used is:

[tt]modify file myform.sct nomodify[/tt]

which will allow you to view the form's code in the text editor in read-only mode, and then you can use CTRL+F to search on the old PageFrame name. Usually you can determine, by looking at the surrounding code, where that reference is.

This assumes you've already tried CTRL+F and selecting "All objects" while in the form designer.
Robert Bradley
Support operation moo!
Visit the OpCow page to help in this cause

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back