Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

converting pdf and jpeg to cdr 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Benking

Technical User
Jan 21, 2005
I have received an email attachment of some artwork, and I have to add some text to it. The files were created on QarkExpress in pdf and jpeg formats, and I would like to convert them to cdr so that I can work on them in Coreldraw 12, but copy/paste doesn't work. I would greatly appreciate any advice. Ben

I think your going to have import the file into Corel. Although they will be imported as a Bitmap image. You will still be able to put text over the image.

Many thanks xwire. I have attempted to import the 3 pdf files into Coreldraw, but in each case I get the message "file corrupted". The files were created in QarkExpress on a Mac, and of course I have a PC. Could this be the problem do you think, and if so is it insurmountable?

Ben

Do you have Adobe Acrobat? You could open the PDF's from there, and then Save As... a Jpeg file, which is what I do sometimes if I need to import a PDF into Corel. I am not sure if Adobe Reader will let you do that.

I have Acrobat 4.0. I tried following your suggestion by again opening the pdf file from the email. It used Acrobat 5.0 to open and appeared correctly on the screen. I then in EDIT selected SELECT ALL, and in the OPEN box under "objects of type" selected the only option shown which was "Adobe PDF files (*.pdf)". In Coreldraw the result was only a partial transfer of the file; bits of artwork and some text were missing and the formatting was all wrong. Is there anything more I can try? I greatly appreciate your help.

Ok, I think you are using Adobe 5.0 Reader if the only option is to save as PDF files. Since you have Corel 12, have you ever tried to use the Corel Capture software? What you would do is open up the Adobe file with Acrobat Reader, then with Corel Capture running in the background choose F7 which activates the Capture software, this will create a file for you, either to the clipboard, or it will save to an actual location. In this Corel Capture software you will be able to save it as a jpeg, with good resolution also. I would recommend you use this option if you dont have the ability to save a PDF to a JPEG.

Another option is to download the latest version of Adobe Reader. There is a capture utility in there, and it works very well. For the most part, the resolution stays fairly high, and the images transfered over are quite workable. Many times, they can be resampled to higher resolutions, and work quite easily.

Well yep that would work also. Good job attrofy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back