Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Converting old DB to new 2003 format

Status
Not open for further replies.

snapp69

MIS
Jul 31, 2002
US
When trying to convert an 1999 DB to the new 2003 Complete Accounting format we get the error message "You cannot proceed without a permission file." Does anyone have any insight as to what I should be looking for?

Not seen that error before, does the 1999 installation work okay? At what point during the upgrade process do you get this error message?

Matt J.

Please always take the time to backup any and all data before performing any actions suggested for ANY problem, regardless of how minor a change it might seem. Also test the backup to make sure it is intact.

After it checks the file size and backs up the database it starts to convert the file, but before the progress bar moves it pops up with that message. I'am unaware if the 1999 db works correctly, we have a db for every year from 1998 to the present.

Okay, so let me restate to be clear. You have several databases, one for each year, and only one exhibits the problem when converting, but the others are okay?

Matt J.

Please always take the time to backup any and all data before performing any actions suggested for ANY problem, regardless of how minor a change it might seem. Also test the backup to make sure it is intact.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back