Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Converting multiple files with multiple formats to ai

Status
Not open for further replies.

George34

Technical User
Mar 13, 2008
CA
Hi,

Is there a way to convert multiple files with multiple formats to ai all at once? I am using CS2.

Regards :)
George

Thanks for the pointer. I can't seem to get the action function to work with then contents of a whole folder. For example, if I record the following actions:

1-File -->Open
2-I then select a file in the folder.
3-File -->Save as ai along with.
4-Click OK on Ilustrator Options.
5-Close new file.
6-End recording.

The recorded action will repeat these exact steps, but always for the same file. How do I get it to repeat for each file in the folder?

Thanks again for your assistance.

George.

Bring up your Actions Pallet.
Click on the little Arrowy thing (flyout menu) in the top right hand corner of the Actions Pallet

Go down the bottom is something called Batch

This will let you select a folder etc.

Marcus

Fantastic. Thank you Marcus. It works like a charm.

For any interested, all you have to do is open a file, record a "save as" ation. Highlight th action. Then click on the flyout menu. Selec a source folder. Then click set. Adobe ilustrator will save all files to the same folder you specified in the first recorded action.

Cheers,
George

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back