Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Converting multiple files with Distiller with Bookmarks

Status
Not open for further replies.

jasonl57

Technical User
Oct 3, 2001
US

Hi all....
I've got a couple hundred documents which I need to regularly convert from Word 2000 to PDF format. The plan is to use the "Create Adobe PDF" functionality in Word, and generate PDFs using Acrobat Distiller 4.0. I would just print all of the docs to file and then drop them in Distiller, but I want to generate bookmarks for them.

I could use the "Create Adobe PDF" command for each file, but obviously this would take all day.

So is there anyone who can:

a) Provide me with enough information to write a Word macro that does this.

b) Recommend a decent third-party tool that will do this (and doesn't cost a
mint).

Thanks in advance,
Jason

Are your bookmarks already setup in word?

IE Table of Contents
-Pete

There used to be a tool called Local Render...

"The Local Render is a tool for automatically converting Microsoft Word (Office 97 and Office 95) documents into "intelligent" PDF files. The Word Headings levels are converted into Acrobat Bookmarks. The Word Cross References, Links and Web Links are converted into Acrobat Links and Web Links. The Acrobat "Document Information" fields are automatically populated from the equivalent Microsoft Word fields. Users may set security and passwords in the PDF file and automatically set the options to create thumbnails and optimise the file. It is possible to use either PDFwriter or Distiller to create intelligent PDF. Multiple files may be processed in batch mode."

It was free at one time here:

Red, White & Blue: Colors That Never Run!

Kristina McCook
Senior Logistician
CACI - Automated Sciences Group, Inc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back