Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Converting MS Access Application to web

Status
Not open for further replies.

squirleegirl

Programmer
Jun 24, 2003
US
I've got a MS Access application that would be so much better (and practical) if it was a web-based application. Is there anyway I can "convert" the existing application I have to a web-based form?

Now, I don't expect to not to have to do any work, but if there was something that could do some converting and I could fill in the rest, that would be great. I understand I will have to do alot of work since it would be moving to a sql-server backend.

Thanks for your advice,
Jennifer

You can try Data Access Pages if all people using your application will be running ms office and internet explorer 5.5 or better on windows.

otherwise i would suggest you either learn java or look into using it over an intranet (if possible) where the file would be centralizes - of course you will have to deal with several instances of people on that file at one time in all probability and they would all need access, so i guess the best manner of handling it would be to make a true "web application" with java and some html/xml/css or some language like c# and html/xml/css. vbscript might cut it, if you can keep it simple, but you again have problems with propriety environments when trying to actually run the application.

- may seeds of dreams fall from my hands
and by yours be pressed into the ground

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back