Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

converting mp3 to flash 5 for music website

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
i need to convert over 570 mp3 files to flash5 format for downloading from my music website to be run with modern browsers (using built in flash5 player) on PCs for oldies fans and interested surfers (see i tried macromedia flash mx with no luck. do i need the generator 2 module??? then how do i setup a batch command? can you recommend any other website as a relevant source of info?

You mean batch creating 570 Mp3s into 570 .swfs? Regards,

oldman3.gif

I needed to do the same thing. With alot more songs. Just get flash MX its great. you dont need to make the mp3 into an swf. you can load the mp3 as a sound object! It works great!

Shenn

how do you make a sound object without dealing with movies? do you have to insert the sound object in layer 1?

in flash MX you can load the MP3 at run time. an example would be something like this:

S = new Sound();
S.loadSound("whatever.mp3", false);

There you go! that will load the mp3 whatever and the false tells it that it is not streaming. if it was streaming the mp3 would start playing as soon as it downloaded enough to play. if you wanna see all the methods properties and events with sound objects if you open up the action view and click objects> movieclip>Sound There it all is! or look it up in the action script dictionary! good luck!

(can i have a star?)

Shenn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back