Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

converting jpg to dxf

Status
Not open for further replies.

ejarg7

Programmer
Jun 5, 2003
MY
hi,
is there a way that i can convert a jpeg image to the vector format? I tried using certain converters but the image was kinda distorted when i open it with autocad. how can i solve this? thanks in advance.

ejarg7

There are some programs to help approximate a raster into a vector format but they all are not perfect. You have to keep in mind, you are trying to convert a bunch of black pixels (which define a line) into data that some CAD program can use (i.e. Line, on layer 0, color black, continuous, from point 3,4 to 17,23) The programs "try" to do it by themselves and then afterward, you need to interact with it to "correct" its wrong calculations. I have used Autodesk's version (I think they now call it RasterDesign) and it works okay.

I am not really familiar with Vector stuff. I did find this on another forum the other day, maybe it can help you.
The web site says that it is a (Raster to Vector Conversion Tool). There is a FREE version and WinTopo Pro $199.00.

Hope that this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back