Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Converting BNC to S-Video

Status
Not open for further replies.

LARiot

Programmer
Feb 7, 2007
Hi. Thanks for looking at this.

I have a Viewsonic P225 pro series monitor with 5 BNC connectors in the back (Red, Green, Blue, H-Sync and V-Sync). I have recently acquired an old Laser Disc player with an S-Video out plug.

How do I connect it to my monitor? I've seen connector to RCA, but I would much rather get the higher quality from S-Video. Which one of the five plugs do I use to connect to the LD? All of them? The RGB ones? The H and V Syncs?

Please, if anyone has good advice I would be very grateful.

Thanks,
-Nima

-Neema

Thanks Lemon13. However I would like to convert the S-Video output from the player into the BNC input of the monitor.

Sorry for the confusion.

-Nima

I'm guessing from your ID that you're not in the UK, but maybe you can find a place in the US like this one in the UK who make up custom video cables? I don't know whether 5 BNC to s-video is possible without some signal conversion circuitry, but if it is I doubt there's much market for the cables so any solution would have to be custom-made.

Regards

Nelviticus

Hi Nima,

it is almost a shame to use such a monitor to display Svideo, as it can display very high resolutions.

What you need is a S-video to Component converter. If you google for this expression you will find some products that can do it.

Here is one for example. It is quite expensive as it does many more features than what you need.

When you said laser disc player, you mean those that use 12-inch discs? Unless you have a collection of such discs, or that you want to make a display of this analog laser technology (which was unbeatable back then), I would not spend money try to revive such a system.

Felixc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back