Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Converting Avaya 1120/1140Es for use with Session Manager 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

wallot

Vendor
Jul 15, 2009
US
Hi folks,

Has anyone successfully done this and have procedures worked out?

Looking at reusing many existing 11x0Es when upgrading to Avaya Aura.

Thanks!

It’s a lot of work to do it properly but yes, it all worked out!

Freelance Certified Avaya Aura Engineer

As luck (maybe) would have it, Avaya is about to release a SIP version that does not require the plugin. Should be out any day now.

Thanks folks!

SIP version ? Couldn't come quick enough for me.

Avaya Device Adapter has been the worst project I've ever worked on.

2 years to get a version that we thought worked. Moved 2000 extensions off my cs1k.

Now I have 2000 extensions that can't pickup/transfer/conference or put calls on hold.

If I had that time again I would have slowly migrated the 1120's and 1140's to standard J series phones on CM

Yes sir! I agree that this is not going to work out as well as advertised - call it being experienced. :)

This cannot be anything less than a nightmare for 13000 existing sets....

Thanks!

Avaya has had a SIP firmware version of for the 1100 series for years. I think I first loaded it onto an 1140 back in 2016 or 2017. The problem is that old version dumbs down the set so much from the UNIStim FW version that they are quite unusable. Also you did stand a significant chance of bricking the set while flashing it. The Breeze adaptor (when you can get it to work) is much better but takes so much tweaking for every environment that some companies pass on it. It would be interesting to play with a new version of SIP FW for these to see what they have changed.

I do a lot of trouble-shooting SIP sets that are not working; wanting to know if there is a document that can provide me steps by step for trouble-shooting SIP Sets from installation.
Looking for a SIP Phone troubleshooting Guide document.

I don't think any specific SIP only documentation exists -- there are too many components.
You should get comfortable with "list trace" and traceSM, and maybe traceSBC, depending on what you are trying to troubleshoot. Plain PPM enabled SIP phones? traceSM is the starting point usually.

The phone sets themselves also do logging - you can find the information in the phones guides.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back