Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Converting ASP to a Visual Basic program - Possible???

Status
Not open for further replies.

DMG2000

Programmer
Aug 13, 2000
US
Hi:
I have an ASP application that I need to make into a Visual Basic program in order to demonstrate it from a cd as opposed from a server. Does anyone know if this is possible, and if so, where do I begin?

welll if it's all VBscript, you should be able to just type up your VB app the same, however, if it uses stuff that associates with a server (like getting requests, and what not) not really, in any case there are no "convertors" to automatically do this.

Okay, it is mostly VBscript, so thats not a problem. However, the ASP application connects to a database using server ADODB commands and session variables (order taking process via a shopping cart). I know that I can create the ADO commands in VB, but will the sessions work under VB6?

As far as forms and stuff goes, you'll need to create a function to work with that since it wont nessarily do "Request.Form('Var')".... but the same could be true to do

Text1.Text, instead of request, since the VB app is going to be all local right there.

There is a product call asp2dll that will do that for you...
it was designed to safegaurd your source code by changing it into a dll... only tried it on one site but it seems functional... you will probably want to go and clean up the code and look it over before you compile it... sorry I don't remember the sites url
Chad
tinman@thelandofoz.org

Tinman,

Welcome to OZ.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back