Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Converting an XBK file to use for software conversion

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeRizz

Programmer
Mar 27, 2007
US
I am upgrading an Option11 to a CS1000E Rls. 5.0. This is a Release 18 switch, without the PCMCIA slot. The 5.0 conversion process does allow you to use a XBK for the database conversion. I saved the XBK file to my laptop and copied to a RMD. When I try to convert the database using this file, I get :

Directory / cf2 / u / db is missing.

Is there a procedure for converting this file before I copy it to the RMD that I am missing ?

did you use the db conversion tool in the rls 5 software?

Remember if it doesn't work hit it harder

Scott UK

check to see if you are allowed to go directly from 18 to Rls 5. I'm not 100% sure if you are allowed...

I have the switch set up in our lab. I did the 5.0 install/upgrade and the next step is the database, using the 5.0 db tool. I choose :

D- transfer small system database
a - install small system backed up database

Then I get the error :

small system database was not found.
Directory / cf2 / u /db is missing.

As mentioned, maybe Release 18 is too old ? It appears it just does not like the RMD file though.

You cannot go from rlse 18 straight to Rlse 5, its a two step process. Only from R23 and above can you go straight to R5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back