Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Converting an Access97 Database to a web based application 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

knottsj

MIS
Jul 27, 1999
US
I have access to an NT Server with Microsoft Internet Infromation Server. Can any one tell me the steps I need take to create a website that can dynamically link to my existing Access97 database. I want to be able to generate reports from, query, and update the database from the web. <br>
<br>
Thanks for any help you could give

An easy way is to use a form to submit a query, the submit button must post to an .idc file that holds your SQL querie and searches on the variable you entered in the form, IIS will then fetch your data from the database via OBDC stated also in the .idc file. (Text File)<br>
The results are brought back to an .htx file wich is a template file. (HTML)<br>
<br>
Here is a site that explains the correct SQL query to use to amend, delete & update. <br>
<br>
<br>
You can also make the desired querie in your Access database<br>
and go to 'save as html' and it will create these files automatically for you.<br>

Thanks for tip Paxron but I just want to get one thing clear. I've created the .idc and .htx. Now all I have to do is create a form and post to the appropriate .idc files. After that every thing else is taken care of. Is this correct? Also is there a way convert the forms I alreay have in access to the web.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back