Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Converting alphanumeric data fields to Code39One Barcodes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cherrel

Technical User
Dec 5, 2001
US
Guru's,

I'm trying to print bar codes of equipment, inventory, and locations with Crystal Reports 7.0. I'm using the Code39One bar code font. I know from previous usage of this font that I must first put an astrick in front and after the data field in order for the bar code scanner to understand the bar code. (Example: *C123456789*)

I have tried to convert the alphanumeric data field to this barcode but have had no luck:
(1) Attempted to use the NumberToCode39 function, but that only works on numeric fields.
(2) Created a text block and put an astrick in the beginning of the block and then dropped in the datafield and then put an astrick afterwords in the text block and it doesn't work.

Any ideas?

Cherrel.[ponytails]

Looks like however the font is converting the underscore, your scanner can't read it. Could be an issue with the font, or how the scanner is programmed.

You might try a different font, just to see what kind of results you get.

-dave

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back