Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Converting Access Reports to Powerpoint Presentation

Status
Not open for further replies.

hbrady99

Technical User
May 7, 2003
US
Someone help me please! I need to give a presentation on data that we've been tracking in an Access 97 database, and it needs to be incorporated into a Powerpoint presentation. The reports consist of one to several charts on a page, categorizing data by month, with a simple header and footer. All I need to do is somehow convert this report to a Powerpoint slide. It sounds like it should be so easy!

A quick workaround: Do a screenshot (Print Screen button) of your report in 100% zoom, where it hopefully fits on the screen. Now open Paintbrush and Paste it into a new .BMP file. Cut/crop as is necessary; use it as an image in your presentation.

This process is generally more useful for forms than for reports, but assuming the report fits on a single screen, this should do in the interim.

--
Find common answers using Google Groups:

Corrupt MDBs FAQ

If you save your Access report as a snapshot, you can actually drag and drop that file into your presentation. Your report will then populate the target slide. The image might require some slight tweaking, but you should get the results you're looking for. I hope that helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back