Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Converting Access database to Sequel Server

Status
Not open for further replies.

AliciaB

Technical User
Sep 17, 2003
US
Hey wassup,

I'm trying to convert an access datase to Sequel server.

I'm using ASP.net, I was told that it automatically contains server lite. I am following the tutorial but it is giving me an error.

If you can be of assistance in telling me how to do this task it would be greatly appreciated...I need this step before I complete the rest of the tutorial..

Thank you in advance [peace]

Alicia,

I am just one step behind you. Up until now, we have been using MS Access for our databases and are looking to upgrade.

Can anyone help me find the best resources to learn to use and program with Sequel Server????

Thanks,
Mark

We use SQL Server 2000.
To import an Access db into SQL, I would use Data Transformation Services (DTS).
Use Enterprise Manager and you will find DTS just below Databases.
Goto Local packages, rightclick, New Package.
This is where it looks easy but the ui is user hostile!
Add a connection to an Access db and navigate to the one you want to import.
Add an SQL connection and either select the one you want to import into or New.
NOW......select Transform Data Task, and click your Access DB as your Source, then your SQL table as your destination. This will produce an arrow that goes between the two, doubleclick the arrow.
This will pick up both ends and give you all sorts of options, but its quite user friendly from here on, so its (relatively) easy to work it out.
Any probs, just ask again.
Cheers
Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back