Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Converting a text to a date

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gerundino

IS-IT--Management
May 29, 2003
CA
Greetings all,

New to the world of Crystal Reports, and I am already hitting my head due to a nuance with our CRM. The date fields in the tables from our CRM are a number, which is the equation of all seconds since January 1, 1970. I have tried editing the query to use the dateadd function (in SQL views and such, i usually just write DateAdd(s,table.field,'01-01-1970'). And, as you can guess by me writing, I have been unable to find a right way to do this. Would any more experienced members have an idea for me?

Thanks,

Gizmo

Try:

dateadd("s",{table.field},date(1970,01,01))

-LB

Thanks LB,

I got past the immediacy by writing a view in SQL and pulling the report from there. After your email, I went in to put this in, and noticed I have no idea how to edit the SQL in Crystal. I tried the select expert, but it is looking for boolean (like i said, I am new....just installed last night...). Thanks again,

Nik

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back