Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Converting a database 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

dday01

Technical User
Feb 1, 2002
US
Hi All,

I am trying to convet an ACCESS 95 database to ACCESS 2000. The database is split into 2 MDB's. One with data and one with forms, reports, etc... When I converted there was a message that it could not compile. Now when I try to open most of the forms or reports I get a message that says "Can't find project or Library" Then the debugger opens and the line that is highlighted is: Dim theDB As Database. I am totally lost as to what I should do. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

D

Check your references and see if any are missing and that the microsoft DAO 3.? is ticked for starters

Hope this helps
Hymn

Thanks for the response, I have to admit I am an absolute vovice. When I went to the tools menu, References was greyed out. And I don't know where DAO3 is to tick.

Thanks,

D

Open a module or any form with code in it then go to tools/references the microsoft DAO 3.? is one of the references

Hope this helps
Hymn

Hymn,

Thanks that worked (there was a missing reference). Thanks alot for the help!

D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back