Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Converting a 24 Bit BMP to 8 Bit BMP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Denk

Programmer
Jan 4, 2000
GB
Following the problems of using GIF files in my application I am now looking to reduce the colour depth of the BMP graphic displayed in the PictureBox from 24 bit to 8 bit. Can anyone help?

There are several software packages that will let you do this. You may have Microsoft Photo Editor already on your system. Just open the 24 Bit .bmp, select File > SaveAs, there is a button labelel MORE. Hit this and it will allow you to change the color depth. Hope this helps.

I'm aware of that, but I want to do the conversion from inside my program. There must be some way to reduce the colour depth of a PictureBox in VB?

Sorry about that. I guess that is why your question was in the VB section, huh? Will this function help?<br>
<br>
LoadPicture([filename], [size], [colordepth],[x,y])<br>
<br>

I tried that command, but got an error. I am using VB5, is this perhaps a feature only available in VB6?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back