Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

convert word/excel to pdf

Status
Not open for further replies.

magmo

Programmer
May 26, 2004
SE
Hi

I wonder if anyone knows of any way to convert a word or excel file into PDF in vb.net.

Regards

I don't think it can be done.

You can convert a Crystal Report to PDF through .Net. If you're desperate you may be able to convert an excel file to a Crystal report...don't know about Word though.

There are 3rd party tools out there that offer PDF conversion.

You can try a free program called PDF995 ( its free except for an ad that pops up when you run the PDF compiler, your resultant PDF is un-touched :D

Best of all, a license is only $9.95! (hence the name)

Its just installed as a "printer" on the PC, so you just "print" to it and it prompts for a file name. In less than 2 seconds you can convert ANY print-able file into a PDF.

Sorry if it seems I'm advertising but I absolutely LOVE this program :D

Take a look at They have a product that will output to either tiff and/or pdf. It works as a printer. It's not cheap tho. $125. You can download and try it for free for 30 days. I really like this site as I have used their tools in the past to do some other conversions.

Their tools are fast, work well, and fairly inexpensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back