Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Convert word doc to PDF 18

Status
Not open for further replies.

bdex

Vendor
Sep 25, 2007
GB
Hi
Does anyone know how to convert a word doc into a pdf file.
Any help much appreciated

Thanks

Hi,

Did you try searching for pdf in Word HELP?

Skip,
[sub]
[glasses] When a group touring the Crest Toothpaste factory got caught in a large cooler, headlines read...
Tooth Company Freeze a Crowd! and
Many are Cold, but Few are Frozen![tongue][/sub]

Hi

Yes and all i got was access to the Microsoft office Online programme which then pointed me to a number of programmes and providers that can be downloaded (at a cost) to do this for me.
Am trying to do without cost.
Any thoughts?
BTW am using v2003.

Apparantly there's no free lunch.

Skip,
[sub]
[glasses] When a group touring the Crest Toothpaste factory got caught in a large cooler, headlines read...
Tooth Company Freeze a Crowd! and
Many are Cold, but Few are Frozen![tongue][/sub]

Downloading free software is no longer safe, unless you have good reason to trust the source.

[yinyang] Madawc Williams (East Anglia, UK). Using Windows XP & Crystal 10 [yinyang]

I've used CutePDF and PDF995 for some years with no ill effects (so far!).

I did request that my techie support department downloaded them and checked them out for me though (CYA and all that)

Fee

The question should be [red]Is it worth trying to do?[/red] not [blue] Can it be done?[/blue]

For free: import in openoffice writer, export to pdf

combo

Yep - I've used OpenOffice for this. And you know it's safe. (Though I'll accept Fee's word that those two are safe as well.)

I'm pretty sure exporting as PDF is an option in all of OO's applications. I know it is in Calc (their spreadsheet application).

[tt]_____
[blue]-John[/blue][/tt]
[tab][red]The plural of anecdote is not data[/red]

Help us help you. Please read FAQ 181-2886 before posting.

Ooo I like that. (For when I'm using a machine that doesn't have another plan installed) Hava Star.

Fee

The question should be [red]Is it worth trying to do?[/red] not [blue] Can it be done?[/blue]

bdex, you've just given out six stars! Even though I've got one of them, that seems a bit excessive. If they come too easily, the system loses its point.

[yinyang] Madawc Williams (East Anglia, UK). Using Windows XP & Crystal 10 [yinyang]

The thread does seem overly starred. I mean it is useful but not overwhelming. A simple google search would come up with a huge number of options for PDFing (I know, not a verb...yet) a Word doc.

faq219-2884

Gerry
My paintings and sculpture

i think someone has gone star crazy

- onedtent Onedtent OnedTent OnedTenT OneDTenT
Trying not to answer posts that have been replied to

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back