Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Convert to Multiuser

Status
Not open for further replies.

elias2212

Technical User
Jul 16, 2002
US
I wrote a simple app (VFP6) that I have been using and now others would like to use it also. I said "simple" - all I have to do is generate a .exe and place it with the tables on the Share Drive and we will all have access to it. That is true and was simple (thanks to help from you all), we all do have access - BUT NOT AT THE SAME TIME. I used the wizard to build the Project and app as a 1-to-many form. What is the simplest and fastest way to convert the app to a multiuser environment.
Thanks

Add this:

Set Exclusive Off
Please let me know if this helped you :)

Tekno
Wireless Toyz
Ypsilanti, Michigan

Thanks - I tried that but I'm not sure where to put it. It didn't seem to have any effect. The form opens the files and sets the relationship. Also, I would like to have record-locking in effect but do not know where to put the code.

elias2212

If your forms have tables in the dataenvironment, check to make sure the buffering mode it set to something like "5".

You cannot use anywhere:

USE myTable.dbf
But more like :
USE myTable.dbf shared again in 0
Mike Gagnon

If you want to get the best response to a question, please check out FAQ184-2483 first or check this link

An 1-to-many form has nothing to do with a multiuser enviroment. A form is a form.
Now, I can suggest you some things:
1. Tables MUST be opened in a shared mode. Example:
USE table IN 0 ALIAS table SHARED or in the "BeforeOpenTables" event write SET EXCLUSIVE OFF, SET REPROCESS TO AUTOMATIC
2. I recomand you to set 2 in buffering mode in the dataenvironment of the form

Succes, Michael

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back