Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Convert text document to PDF - File location?

Status
Not open for further replies.

barehug

Technical User
Nov 27, 2001
GB
Can someone help me with this...

We have adobe Acrobat 6 Professional at work and I am trying to convert over 700 text documents into Individual PDF files.

I DON'T want the File location to be imported into the new PDF at the top and Bottom when I use the 'create PDF from file', and I am would like the document to save by the original filename by default when saving the PDF.

I can make a pdf from a text document in WORD 2002, but that takes quite a while and I have over 700 text documents to convert, with each document having around 200 pages!

Is there an easy way to stop Acrobat from inserting the File location, or if not a quick way to remove them other than scrolling through each page on the document and removing the headers and footers manually?

This is going to take days if I do it by hand! Any suggestions?

Moe: It could have been a real ugly situation, but luckily I managed to shoot him in the spine.

It wouldn't work on my system. Errors galore.

Ideally, as i have made all the pdfs now any way, I would like a way to remove the header and footer(the file location) quickly. Doing it by hand is not really an option as there are 700 documents each with about 250 pages... around 175000 pages.

Is there a search and delete facility in Acrobat 6 pro, or some way to turn off Acrobats inserting the file location and date?

Moe: It could have been a real ugly situation, but luckily I managed to shoot him in the spine.

maybe i can do it for you.

RocSky SPlitPDF:Split one multipage Pdf document into one page PDF Documents
RocSky PDFMerger:Merge many a PDF document in a folder into one PDF document

Pls visit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back