Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Convert PDF into Word 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

cheech25

Technical User
Jul 21, 2006
US
How can you convert a PDF into Word? It is an Adobe file. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you/

Thank You

...there are a few programs out there that can convert pdf to word, however the results in my experience are not perfect, and often further editing in word is required...

...doing a google search can find many, but i can't comment on which the best ones are:

Andrew

I have worked with several tools. If you don't mind spending a few bucks, then "SolidConverter" produces rather good results.
Tables are exported with fixed cell widths, so that might require some after work, but you can also export all tables to Excel. Quite a nice feature.
Another good Software that also has quite a good OCR engine would be the ABBYY fine reader.

I've worked with Solid Converter in the past, and now exclusively with ABBYY 8 Professional.
I am happy with both, although I do now prefer ABBYY because of its OCR engine. (We often get scanned PDFs - yuk!)
;-)

[navy]"We had to turn off that service to comply with the CDA Bill."[/navy]
- The Bastard Operator From Hell

Acrobat is capable of doing so as well.
File, Save As, MS Word or Rich Text Format.
The results are impacted by the quality of the original PDF. If the PDF has tags (structured content) the conversion works pretty well, otherwise it can be very messy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back