Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

convert MX to MX 04

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soulskin

Instructor
Oct 19, 2002
US
How can you get a Flash MX file to open in MX04?

keeps returning an error unexpected file format

I have never had to do that on Mac to PC files (.fla)... why does it have to be zipped? (just curious since I've never had the problem).

Wow JT that almost looked like you knew what you were doing!

I've never really understood it (something about extensions or whatever...), but I now from experience that the only way to open a MAC saved .fla on a PC, it needs to be zipped up. Works fine the other way around, but not from Mac to PC.

Regards. Affiliate Program - Web Hosting - Web Design

Hmmm that's interesting. I have never had that problem, but I always add the file extensions to my Mac files. I wonder if that is the difference...

Well at least I know what to do if I do have the problem! :)

I started this project in flash MX I have both on my machine opened MX by mistake and just started building... before I knew it I have 40 hours into it and many more to go. I realized that I was not in 04 when it was too late I tried to open it in mx04 I got unexpected file format. I do not want to build it again :(

I have not updated 04 I got it in fall 03? do you think that will really make a difference?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back