Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Convert excel drawing to pdf to jpg 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

sonkraus

Technical User
Apr 16, 2011
US
I think I made a mistake by creating a logo for my group in excel and then tried to convert to pgf & from there to jpg, which is required for websites where I want to post my logo. The real problem is when I create the jpg & move it to a website the logo is too small to see and I can't find a way to resize it

Thanks for your help

sonkraus

How large is your logo when viewed on your Monitor (pre uploading)? Is it too small in that view? If the size is OK, can you use the Snipping Tool (or PrintScreen) to save it for uploading?

You could try something like irfanview to re-size or to actually create one in the first place, it's like an online Photoshop.

linney's suggestion of the snipping tool is a good one if you can view you logo on screen at the right kind of size.

The problem you may have with re-sizing a jpg that has been made from a pdf etc etc is that jpg is already compressed and may not take to being re-sized if it's a big difference.

I do quite a bit of graphic work in Photoshop etc, if there's some way I can help with your logo just shout.

I used to have a handle on life... but it broke. Cpt. Red Bull

Thank You for your suggestion. I have copied the new logo I'm referring to which has been designed using excel. Please click the link "....logo xlx". Again, my problem is convering this to jpg such that I can upload to other websites & resize it

For example, I subscribe to Constant Contact & when I try to upload the jpg image I can't resize

Ralph

http://firelandsreport.com/
When I open the the file from your link I get a message within the overall blue panel that says 'The linked image cannot be displayed. The file may have been moved, renamed or deleted'...it's referring to the eagle/flag image. However, if I click on the 'New Firelands Patriot Logo' I can see the whole thing.

So if you could explain what sort of size you require your jpg to be I could create the artwork for you and then make the jpg's from that.

If you post back with your size needs I can have it sorted for you within a couple of days.

I should mention, I'm in the UK so my replies might be delayed compared to the time of your post.

The Image inside the Logo link Is a 800 x 600 pixel jpg image.

The Actual Logo image under that is a 194 x 140 pixel gif image.

Two different formats, two different sizes.

For image editing that's free, perhaps Gimp my help you resize your original larger image to whatever you need.

Personally I use Paint Shop Pro X, and swear by it.

I'm not sure the the process of going from Excel to PDF to JPG is a good one to create web friendly images. Seems awfully convoluted.

----------------------------------
Phil AKA Vacunita
----------------------------------
Ignorance is not necessarily Bliss, case in point:
Unknown has caused an Unknown Error on Unknown and must be shutdown to prevent damage to Unknown.

Behind the Web, Tips and Tricks for Web Development.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back