Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Convert Eval Copy Win 2003 Stand R2 to Non-Eval?!?! 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

customgt

IS-IT--Management
Jan 4, 2006
US
hello, im in need of an answer quickly

i had to use a microsoft eval version of windows server standard 2003 R2 to install our accounting system on.

I was told I can get a valid product key before the trial is up, and I will be just fine

is this true???

This;

Q. Can I use the Product Key that is included when I buy a copy of the full version (that is, non-evaluation) product to remove the 180-day limit instead of installing the full version product?
A. No. You must install the full version of the product. The new Product Key will not override the 180-day limit on the evaluation software. When you install the full version product, select the Upgrade option when prompted during setup. This will keep the settings you established when you installed the evaluation version of the software.

From here;

In short you cannot just enter the non-eval product key, you have to upgrade the OS to the full non-eval version. The upgrade keeps all your current settings

Paul
MCSE

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
Albert Einstein

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back