Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Convert ESX 2.5 Image To Vsphere - iSCSI issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

detroit

MIS
Sep 13, 2002
CA
I have used vmware's conversion tool to convert all of my virtuals under ESX 2.5 to VSphere with no issues. Even did some physical to virtual conversions with no issues.

Here is my problem. My Corporate File Server has a bunch of iSCSI connections to our Equallogic SAN. When I do the conversion, it wants to convert all of those iSCSI connections to the VMWare hard disk. So I only converted the C drive, not the other drives that were connected via iSCSI.

Well all of the iSCSI connectors worked when I took down the old server and brought up the new one.

HOWEVER

I lost all of the shares and securities!

I took the new CFS down and put the old one back online and they were still there, so I am assuming it was something with the conversion.

Anyone know why or what I may have done wrong?

Thanks

Detroit

Found the problem. When it started the iSCSI connectors, it gave them different drive letters, therefore, the shares did not match. Once I changed the drive letters to what they were on the old server, all was fine.

Thanks to everyone for their time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back