Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Convert an HTML document to a PDF 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swi

Programmer
Feb 4, 2002
US
I am looking for a toolkit/component that will convert an HTML document to a PDF. I'm willing to look at anything you can suggest but one basic need is that it must support UNICODE characters.

I've used activePDF and PDF4NET with differing levels of success.

Any ideas?

Swi

Two thoughts... first is to find a PDF print driver and print HTML page to that. Although finding one that is exposed enough so you can control various things may be of a challenge. Check out Appligent to see if they have anything, I know they had some command line tools awhile ago but I have not been to their site in a while.

Second, goto adobe and download their SDK and learn how to program in C.

Good Luck

hi

you can use PDF995, its a PDF printer driver, it is cheap 9.99$ if I remember correclty

Mal'chik [bigglasses]

Thank you for the tips. I will look into both suggestions.

Swi

I've used Ghostscript (free) with Redmon (free) port redirection with great success, although it requires a bit more tweeking to get up and running. You can print to .PDF as well as many other image formats... .bmp, .tif, .gif...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back