Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Convert address format in Excel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Colvic

Programmer
Nov 4, 2005
NO
How to convert "$B$21" address in Excel to ActiveCell.Offset format?

What are you trying to achieve? Activecell.Offset returns a range object the specified number of rows and columns away from the active cell.
If you are trying to calculate the row &/or column of the active cell, use ActiveCell.Row or ActiveCell.Column.

You need to explain a little more exactly what you're trying to achieve.

Ben

----------------------------------------------
Ben O'Hara
David W. Fenton said:
We could be confused in exactly the same way, but confusion might be like Nulls, and not comparable.

If I've got what you want correct it's Tools-->Options-->General Tab then check R1C1 Reference Style.

Hope this helps

Andy
---------------------------------
[green]' Signature removed for testing purposes.[/green]

BTW, this question and other Excel-related questions, would be best served in forum68.

Skip,
[sub]
[glasses]Just traded in my old subtlety...
for a NUANCE![tongue][/sub]

Sorry that this was posted on Microsoft: Access Modules (VBA Coding) and not VBA Visual Basic for Applications (Microsoft).

Thanks for your reply.

I try and calculate my way to different cells in a spreadsheet and retrieve data.

I use this command and find out how large the data area are:
ActiveCell.SpecialCells (xlLastCell). Address

And I'll step from cell to cell and retrieve data, until I have been through the whole data range. There will be cells that are without data.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back