Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Convert ACCESS to a program for users without

Status
Not open for further replies.

stlrain95

Programmer
Sep 21, 2001
US
Is there a way to convert an access DB to an application that users can use that do not have access??

Thanks

Well, you could export the tables to an Excel spreadsheet. But that may not be very useful.

You could make it web accessable, maybe thru Data Access Pages.

The Developer Edition will create stand alone applications. It contains the MS Access runtime executable which is packaged with the rest of the objects.

Ken

To develop Access applications to be run without the need for Access itself, I understand I can use the Developer's Edition. Will any version of the developer's edition work to create applivations for any version of Access? What I mean is, If I use the developer's edition for '97, will I be able to make an application in Access 2000 or 2002 run properly without Access itself? If I use the developer's edition for 2000 or 2002, will it let me create applications to run in Access '97 properly? Guess what I am actually askling is "Does one size fit all"? when it comes to the developer edition?
Thank you,
Regards,
Jerry D.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back