Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Convert Access 2000 data to 97 file format

Status
Not open for further replies.

datawise

IS-IT--Management
Sep 14, 2001
EU
I have designed a small util in VB5 to convert my access 97 databases to 2000 as the web space I use only works with 2000. I would like to be able to programmatically convert the files back to 97 if I ever have to download from the web site to work on them. I have tried the compactdatabase method with DAO, but v.3.5 doesn't like access 2000 and v.3.6 does a repair/compact which won't do access 97 files.

Can anyone help????

Hi,
Sounds like you need to write some more VB5 code to convert 2000 back to 97.

John

I know I need to write some more code, I'm looking for suggestions...

Use JRO:

thread222-374576

Change the engine type for the destination.

Engine types:

Thread222-371417 [/b][/i][/u][sub]*******************************************************
General remarks:
If this post contains any suggestions for the use or distribution of code, components or files of any sort, it is still your responsibility to assure that you have the proper license and distribution rights to do so!

Thanks for the suggestions. I tried jro and but it does a repair and compact, which won't work for access 97 files. The dao method won't open access 2000 files with 3.5 and does a compact/repair with 3.6.

>which won't work for access 97 files

Yes it does. I do it all the time, and in doing so, you can compact it from 2000 to 97 format and back again.
Take note on what I said about the engine type.

[/b][/i][/u][sub]*******************************************************
General remarks:
If this post contains any suggestions for the use or distribution of code, components or files of any sort, it is still your responsibility to assure that you have the proper license and distribution rights to do so!

Sorry, it will not work that way. I was thinking of something else.... [/b][/i][/u][sub]*******************************************************
General remarks:

Easiest way would be to use Office XP. It will convert back and forth from 97-2000-2002

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back