Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Conversion of Microsoft Publisher 2002 to Pagemaker/PDF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
I was wondering if there was any way to convert/import a Microsoft Publisher File into PageMaker 7.0

Hi,

Sorry but no. If you can print the file to disk as an eps. You can make a pdf with distiller. But otherwise it is impossible to convert to pagemaker

hope this helps
grillhouse

Actually, I have never tried with Pub2002, but with previous versions you can import the file with mixed results. Under Utilities>Plug Ins>Publication Converter. try to bring it in. As long as the layout doesn't have a lot of Microsoth crap in it, it should work okay. It cannot hurt to try.

When in doubt, deny all terms and defnitions.

Actually, there is a Microsoft Publisher/Quark converter that is included with Windows PageMaker 7.0. It's just not in an obvious location.

Go to C:\program files\adobe\Pagemaker 7.0\Converter for MSP_QXP

If your publisher document is older. Look in Extras, there's a converter there for 95/97 Publisher files.

- Bob

One thing, didn't notive that you were using Pub 2002.
You'll have to download the 7.0.1 update from and then save your Publisher file as a 2000 publication.

- Bob

One thing, didn't notice that you were using Pub 2002.
You'll have to download the 7.0.1 update from and then save your Publisher file as a 2000 publication.

- Bob

Looks to me like adobe bob should be on the top teck list.
I go through the answers and print out anything that looks like I might be able to learn from. I have found several answers from him that were very good.
tiffie

Adobe Bobis here as a visitor (a darn shame) and as such won't be listed on the top ten list, though with his expertise I am sure he would be there rather quickly. When in doubt, deny all terms and defnitions.

Thanks tiffie!, it's fun helping people fix thier Adobe. :)
and probably thanks to you, I'm number two on the list.

And viol8ion, I'm registered, I had just forgot to login :(

- Adobe Bob

Ah.. Adobe Bob's true identity revealed!

One thing I had missed, in the header of this thread it appears Luke is also asking to convert Publisher to PDF. That simplifies matters. Just print the Publisher doc to .ps file and use Acrobat to create a PDF. That way you eliminate the often messy step of trying to convert Pub to PM.

A handy and free utility I found at will allow you to convert any doc to PDF. You install the app and it acts like a printer, but instead of printing to paper it prints to PDF.

hope these tips help. When in doubt, deny all terms and defnitions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back