Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Conversion of EPS files from Mac to PC 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ajkalos

MIS
Jun 8, 2005
BA
Hi all,
How to convert EPS files created with Mac to PC format?
Also, is there any possibility to convert fonts for Mac to be installed and used with PC?
Thanks!!!
Bye

ajkalos:

There is no platform sensitivity for eps files, they should open on either platform just fine, regardless of the machine they were created on.

Fonts is a different story. I don't know of a way to transform Mac fonts to PC fonts, but even on the same platform fonts can cause problems. The best way is to save a backup with all the original text, then outline all fonts before sending it off, so all there is in the file is line-art.

HTH

Bert

itchybug's right - they are platform independent. Though I have had a few cases with older versions of Illustrator where the PC version couldn't show the preview. You can save from a Mac with a PC preview prior to Ill 10, if that's a help.

Fonts are an issue regardless - OpenType is supposed to help, but I've not experienced it. Give them the outlines - best all the way around, and keep a "text" version for you for later editing if necessary.

Donna

Good point - I had 8 on the PC and 8, 9 and 10 on the Mac next to it.

Would like to help you with converting your Mac fonts to PC, but we can't post email address here, so I don't know how to get in touch. As I am not very familiar with this site, if anyone has ideas about getting around this, please let me know. Thanks, Ricky

If I need a Mac Illustrator file that needs to converted to the PC, I will convert all my type to outlines on the mac side then open on the PC. It helps with eliminating the font problem, unless you need to make future type changes - then thats a whole other issue

info@prepress-online.com

"Tell'em we're comin', and hell's comin' with us.

Bodes:

Thanks for the input, but did you read the thread? I believe both dmacster and I already took care of the font issue...

Bert

Bert Philippus -

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back