Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Conversion from Clarion to ABC Template

Status
Not open for further replies.

SandroLava

IS-IT--Management
Nov 2, 2006
Hi everybody, I am a newbie here, and as expected I start by submitting a question:

I have developed an application in Clarion 6.1 using the old 'Clarion' template (.. don't ask me why :) )

Now I would like to recompile using the ABC template, without starting from scratch (i.e. restarting with the app wizard from dictionary)

Is there any 'quick-adn-easy way for me to take the current .app and regenerate it with ABC templates?

thank you and sorry if the question is trivial (I am not a programmer by trade)

sandro

Hi Sandro,

Converting a Legacy (Clarion) application to an ABC application is not a simple convert process. You need to do a bit of work in sorting out the embedded code in your application.

Take backups before trying. To convert, just choose File --> Convert Application in the Clarion IDE. Make sure you create an application with a different name.

I would suggest that you read the manual/help on this before converting.

Regards

Thank you, I simply did not expected to find it in the file menu!

I'll probably try it on the w-end, now I am too busy with something else.

Since the app was created in Clarion 6.1 using the 'clarion' template option, I suppose I should declare 'from Clarion 4 templates' in the conversion wizard

sandro

Hi Sando,

I don't understand where you see the "from Clarion 4 templates" option. Just choose the source APP, new Destination APP, set up the Clarion 2 & Clarion 4 Application Conversion options (I normally set it to Automatic) and that's it. It prompts you for embedded code conversion on which you decide accordingly. After that I open the ABC application and check every procedure and reposition the embeds from the Legacy embed point to the corresponding ABC embed point.

I would suggest you look at some of the examples in the C:\Clarion6\Examples\HowTo-ABC directory, familiarize yourself with ABC before attempting the conversion.

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back