Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ControlTipText & Continuous Form

Status
Not open for further replies.

Waynest

Programmer
Jun 22, 2000
GB
Hello

I have a subform set up as a continuous form. It shows some product quantities in single units, but I would like the control tip text to show the quantity converted into dozens.

I have written a function to convert the qty and I call it from the MouseMove event of the various quantity controls as follows...

Private Sub txtPlanQty_MouseMove(Button As Integer, Shift As Integer, X As Single, Y As Single)

Me.txtPlanQty.ControlTipText = PrsToDozPrs(Me.txtPlanQty.Value)

End Sub

However, the ControlTipText only ever shows the conversion for the record where the cursor is poistioned and not the record over which the mouse pointer is positioned.

The value shown is correct if the user remembers to click in the relevant text box but I know this will soon lead to user error. How can I change my code so that the function is passed the value from the record over which the mouse pointer is positioned?

(Win XP, Access XP, SQL Server 7)

Thanks in advance

I also have this need.

Does anyone know how I can identify the row under the cursor??

Thanks....

This might not be a practical solution for all, but I re-wrote the problem form as a VB.net windows application and invoke it as needed from within the larger Access app. The mouse events are cool in .net.

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back