Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Controls are not visible when creating a project on XP 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

wau25

Programmer
Mar 12, 2004
US
I have a very simple test page with just one push button on the page. It works fine on Windows 2000 Server but the control isn't viewable when the project is created on a Widows XP Pro machine. Any HTML text I enter directly on the page shows up fine on the page.

This happened to me when the .NET Framework was not installed properly on my PC. The server can't render the controls and it gets ignored and sent to the browser.

If I recall correctly, you can use view->source and see your actual asp.net code. Like this:

<asp:Textbox ID="MyTextBox" runat="server"></asp:Textbox>

If you see this, that might be the problem.

Mark

I have the same problem with the asp.NET page only loading the html on XP Pro. What did you do, mackeard, to solve this problem. Reinstall the .NET Framework??

I had to uninstall IIS, .NET Framework and VS.NET 2003. And then reinstall them in that exact order. Then everything was fine.

Mark

Thanks to Mark my problem is solved by uninstalling the .Net Framework and reinstall it. I didn't have to uninstall IIS though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back