Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

controlling the last line of the report.

Status
Not open for further replies.

byteias

Programmer
Apr 17, 2007
US
CR XI with Oracle 9i.
I have a report with 2 groups, and by using the Change group option I declare them to use "Keep Group Together" and "Repeat Group Header on each Page".
But, when group1 doen't fit in a page will jump to new page leaving 2/3 of the page blank.
If I remove the keep the group together then Group1 header will appears as the last line in the page and the user doesn't like it. The same will happen if I remove the "Keep the Group together" from the Group2.
How can I control the report not to show the Group header alone at the end of the page?
Thanks.

go to section expert, select group header, check new page after

This is a continuous report and they don't want a new page. They want to see the full page populated, but without leaving the group header as the last line in the page.
Thanks.

See thread149-1372959 for a detailed solution to a similar problem.

[yinyang] Madawc Williams (East Anglia, UK). Using Windows XP & Crystal 10 [yinyang]

I followed the Thread but it didn't work.
We don't break on Group(s) because is a continuous print.
This is my report:
Header
Group1
Group2
Details
Group2
Details
Group2
Details
Group1
Group2
Details
Group1
etc...
They don't want to see Group1 or Group2 as the last line shown in the page.
It's like if Group1 or Group2 the last line then don't show it and goto the next page.
Thanks.

In Microsoft Word, there is a function that does what you want. It is called 'Widow / Orphan Control', these being first or last lines of paragraphs separated on a page. But there is no such function in Crystal: a work-round is needed.

The thread I pointed you to explains how to get a pseudo-header for a group, something that will always print with the first detail line.

I don't think there is another answer.

[yinyang] Madawc Williams (East Anglia, UK). Using Windows XP & Crystal 10 [yinyang]

I cant test this, but try a conditional supression formula:

pagenumber=totalpagecount
and on last record

Software Sales, Training, Implementation and Support for Macola, eSynergy, and Crystal Reports

"If you have a big enough dictionary, just about everything is a word"
--Dave Barry

Sorry, make that:

PageNumber=TotalPageCount
and OnLastRecord

Software Sales, Training, Implementation and Support for Macola, eSynergy, and Crystal Reports

"If you have a big enough dictionary, just about everything is a word"
--Dave Barry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back