Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Controlling the control source in a report!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kckronic21

Programmer
Jul 29, 2001
US
HI, I am having problem with my report. I have a report that runs through a form. In this form, I have a list of positons such as Teacher, and Bus Driver. In the control source in my report, I have this code: =[Forms]![Position_Form]![Position_Name_txtbox] & "s". This code puts in the position name in the report header and adds a "s" for postions such as "Teachers" and "Bus Drivers". My only problem is I have some positions that only have one person such as "Cook" and others that do not need a "s" at the end of the position name such as "Sub.". How do I control the control source of a combobox in a report? Do I need to set up some time of If Then statement as well?

Thanks!

Try using a DCount statement

In the code for your command button to open the report try using something along the lines of this:

Dim X as Integer, vsql as String
vsql = " "

X = DCount("*", "Qry behind the report", vsql)
If X > 1
add an S
Else
don't add S
End If

This will count the number of records that should go into the report, if it is greater than one it should print the S after the name.

An easier way using DCount, in the control source of your textbox with the s/non-s description put something like this (you'll have to modify the table/query name):

=IIf(DCount("*","QueryFeedingReporting")>1,[Forms]![Position_Form]![Position_Name_txtbox] & "s",[Forms]![Position_Form]![Position_Name_txtbox])

HTH Joe Miller
joe.miller@flotech.net

Thanks for all of your help. I figured out my problem I just have one other question. Is there a way to also make a position that ha a "y" at the end of the name end in "ies" when there is more than one position such as in "Secretary"? Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back