Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Controller T1

Status
Not open for further replies.

RobG2001

MIS
Oct 5, 2001
US
I'm installing a VWIC-2MFT-T1 on a Point-to-Point T1. I have it configured with ESF and B8ZS according what's written on the jack. I've set my cablelength short 133. I'm getting an alarm and the router is reporting loss of frame. Is this because nothing is hooked up at the other end? I'm flying out to that city on Friday to hook up the other end. What do you think? Oh and clock source is line.

Thanks

No, you shouldn't be getting loss of frame, are Serial & Line protocols both up ?

Additionally, maybe C&P an output of sh service-module sX

-Iota

I have to treat it like a controller here is what I get:

Applique type is Channelized T1

Cablelength is short 133

Transmitter is sending remote alarm.

Receiver has loss of frame.

alarm-trigger is not set

Version info Firmware: 20000922, FPGA: 15

Framing is ESF, Line Code is B8ZS, Clock Source is Line.

Current port master clock: local osc on this network module

Data in current interval (106 seconds elapsed):

268 Line Code Violations, 0 Path Code Violations

0 Slip Secs, 106 Fr Loss Secs, 5 Line Err Secs, 0 Degraded Mins

0 Errored Secs, 0 Bursty Err Secs, 0 Severely Err Secs, 106 Unavail Secs

Data in Interval 1:

41 Line Code Violations, 0 Path Code Violations

0 Slip Secs, 900 Fr Loss Secs, 12 Line Err Secs, 0 Degraded Mins

0 Errored Secs, 0 Bursty Err Secs, 0 Severely Err Secs, 900 Unavail Secs

Very strange, sounds like a framing problem. I had a similar problem a while ago with a newly installed T1. Basically, the T1 was provisioned as b8zs/esf, but there was some equipment inline with the telco that was improperly configured.

I take it the router is reporting Serial is up/Line Protocol down ?
I would call your telco and have them loop the line to your CSU/DSU on your end. If they can't, have them loop it to the smart jack. If they get to the smart jack, but not the CSU/DSU, it could be a bad cable.

Let us know.

Iota

Well the LEC came down and said there was a bad repeater but I'm still getting the alarm with the same error. We tried one of his cables and still no improvement. The weird think is that they could see my csu/dsu although when they did the loop I saw them fine. It even showed a "csu loopback" message but they still weren't getting their pattern back. Could it be that I have to have something hooked up to the other end to make the alarm go away or did I misconfigure something on the VW-2MFT-T1. Help anybody.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back