Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

'%CONTROLLER-2-FIRMWARE: Controller E1 1/0, firmware is not running'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saeed42

ISP
Jul 4, 2001
Any ideas what this above error means, I've tried everything, i.e. updating the flash, taking the E1 card out and boot the router without the card which doesn't come up without any error messages.

Info
2610 router with 10/100 Ethernet card and one E1 controller card
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Don't be content with being average. Average is as close to the bottom as it is to the top
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

it could be a hardware failure/malfunction. what version IOS are you running? Erik Rudnick, CCIE No. 9545
mailto:erik@kuriosity.com

I have also seen this before Erik when you load the wrong IOS on to the router. If say for instance you loaded the IOS for a 2601 router on to the 2610 sometimes that will happen. He should also check the hw/sw compatability matrix on cisco's cco web site to make sure that his IOS / hardware supports that wic.

The same problem reported on Cisco Web Site for Catalyst 4000 model but it seems to be the same for 2600, may be you can backup the current IOS and upgrade as suggested below:

CSCdw46926

When an E1 1-port multiflex trunk port adapter is inserted into a voice gateway on a Cisco Catalyst 4000 that is running Cisco IOS Release 12.2(5a) or a later release, the E1 card does not come up and the following error message may be displayed:

%CONTROLLER-2-FIRMWARE: Controller E1 1/0, firmware is not running

Workaround: Use Cisco IOS Release 12.1(5)YF3 instead.

Asghar Khan
t2_70@yahoo.com

nice.....good ideas......one of those times you want to say....darn, why didn't i think of that....hahaha...... Erik Rudnick, CCIE No. 9545
mailto:erik@kuriosity.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back