Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ControlCenter 5.1.2 alerts

Status
Not open for further replies.

mpezeur

MIS
Nov 7, 2002
US
Since I've upgraded our ECC/OE 5.1.1 server to 5.1.2 on Win2k machine, I'm able to have ECC/OE send email alerts to my internal mail address, but can't send it to an external pager #. I was able to do this in ECC/OE 5.1.1.

Anyone know how to fix this ?

I was wondering if it's related to the fact that I chose that I'm not accessing ECC/OE behind a firewall during the upgrade process. If it is this, how do I enable "behind the firewall" ?

Hi! This may sound absurd and definitely won't answer your query but if you're willing to extend a hand, I greatly appreciate it. I'm planning to upgrade my ECCOE 5.1.1. to 5.1.2 and would like to know if you encountered any issues while doing it? Any tips?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,
coolice

I resolved the email problem, something must have changed in how 5.1.2 sends out mail. In 5.1.1 I could send mail through the current local exchange mail server, in 5.1.2 I had to use a special mail relay host.

Anyway, other than that, I had no issues upgrading from 5.1.1 to 5.1.2. Make sure you go step-by-step by the 5.1.2 upgrade document that EMC has published, especially the backup procedures in case you have a problem. But once the upgrade was done I didn't have to rediscover the symm or the switches, all settings were in place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back