Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Control Panel error message - CWBMSGBX.DLL

Status
Not open for further replies.

gyle

IS-IT--Management
Jan 17, 2005
US
Every time I try to start the control panel, I get the error message CWBNL0202 - CWBMSGBX.DLL. Once I click OK, the control panel appears and functions normally. I don't know when this started, I have been told it was years ago. I have tried searching for the file on other WIN98 machines on our network, but can not find it on any of them. However, no other machine has this problem ( I search for CW*.DLL ). Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Another possibility is to go to odbc tool in control panel, system dsn tab, and remove any old entries here.

Matt J.

Please always take the time to backup any and all data before performing any actions suggested for ANY problem, regardless of how minor a change it might seem. Also test the backup to make sure it is intact.

This seems vaguely familiar...did this computer every have Client Access installed on it (for IBM AS/400 emulation)? If so, maybe try to re-install and uninstall it again so that it correctly cleans itself up...?

Mudskipper
-----------------
Groucho said it best- "A four year-old child could understand this!
Quick! Run out and find me a four year-old child: I can't make heads nor tails out of this!"

geeze, sorry mattjurado -- I had not looked at the link you posted, but it is nice to see that those recesses of my brain seem to have been on the right track!!

Nice catch on that one!

Mudskipper
-----------------
Groucho said it best- "A four year-old child could understand this!
Quick! Run out and find me a four year-old child: I can't make heads nor tails out of this!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back