Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Contivity VPN client Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

divakarp

Programmer
Jun 28, 2004
US

Hi,
I am getting error while trying to run Extranet Client. I have just installed extranet clinet. When I try to run it, I am getting error message 'Reboot after installing Contivity VPN client'.

I have rebooted the system several times. I also tried to uninstall and install it. But getting same error message.

I have Windows ME operating system on my home computer.

Any suggestions ?

thanks,
Divakara.

I am having the same problem with a Win98SE machine I am doing the installation on for a client of mine. I have not run into this problem before. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling several times, but keep getting the same error. If anyone can suggest a fix, please let me (us) know. Thanks! 57Kev

I am trying to install Nortel Extranet client v4.65 to my windows 98 machine. I keep getting an error "user aborted installation" The installation window closes and the program has not loaded. I am able to get through to the point of selecting a directory to save into and then OK and program gives error message. I have turned off all virus software and even exited out of everything running in the background. I have tried first copying files off of CD and then running .exe file. This machine was running one of the versions of Extranet VPN before (I am not sure which one)I had to reformat my hardrive and reinstall Window 98 (lost everything). If anyone has any ideas I would apprieciate the help.

I wound up uninstalling several other programs and reinstalling the contivity client before it worked. It appears a set up program for one of the other programs installed on their machine had not completed and had left some flag set that there was an incomplete installation pending. Hope this helps someone else...
K

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back