Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Contivity 2600 integration

Status
Not open for further replies.

MAJBlaine

IS-IT--Management
May 20, 2002
US
Does anyone have a decent whitepaper on the integration of a Contivity 2600 into an NT domain? I've got my Contivity set up, users can gain access to the network, but besides telnet'ing around, I don't understand how its supposed to recognize and log users into the domain so they can pull files off the server, email, etc. I've been trying to wade through the documentation, but I keep coming back to the same issue that I need a radius server.
Also, I don't know aything about setting up a radius server. My NT admin has never done it either. Blind leading the blind on this one.
Thanks,
- Blaine

Here's part of the fix I implemented for my company. On the Contivity VPN client (i'm using 4_12.03 running as a service), select "logoff on connect" in the options menu. What this will do is log off the current windows user/session while keeping the internet connection and VPN tunnel open and ask you to press CTRL-ALT-DEL to log on. Unless your network topology is complicated, you should be authenticated by the PDC rather than only logging on locally.

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back