Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

contivity 221

Status
Not open for further replies.

adamandamy

Technical User
Jan 11, 2008
US

I'm trying to get an older 221 running F/W VE221_2.0.0.0.013. It's been sitting in a drawer for a couple of years. Not sure if it's broken or what but I've done a factory default reset and I can get to the console port and it's telling me everything's good to go, but for whatever reason I can't get my laptop to connect to the GUI management interface. I've tried both static and dynamic IP address assignment, but still nothing. No GUI no ping nada. I've done the RTFM thing and I've done everything it says to do.Plus the LEDs on the router and my laptop are saying I have a good connection.
Any tricks of the trade out there that I should try before tossing it?

Try the following:-
-------------------------
On the back side of the BSR, there is a little hole which is used to reset the router to the factory default settings. Insert a needle like thing into the hole while the router is switched on. Switch the router off while the needle is still inserted into the hole. Turn the router back on. This should reset the router to the factory default settings.

Connect your laptop with a straight through CAT5 network cable into one of the LAN ports of the BSR. Give your laptop a static IP address of 192.168.1.100 with a subnet mask of 255.255.255.0.

With factory default settings, your BSR has an IP of 192.168.1.1 and subnet mask of 255.255.255.0 .

Username is nnadmin
Password is PlzChgMe!

Let me know if it works.

thanks for the reply and yes the first thing I tried was to perform the factory reset thing and the console port is telling me everything has been reverted to the defaults and I've taken a known good cat5 cable with a known good laptop. But I can't get the laptop to talk to the BSR using either static or dynamic addressing on the laptop. Sounds like I need to toss the BSR.

Don't toss it yet.

Default username should be admin; password is setup. If you have the login using the serial cable the password is the same there (setup).

I have to say that is really old code; latest is VE221_2.5.0.0.014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back