Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Continuous sound in Powerpoint 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teamaker

Technical User
Oct 15, 2002
GB
Can anyone tell me how to play music in powerpoint throughout a whole presentation, I can make it play once on each slide but I cannot make it carry on between slides.

I am using Powerpoint 97.

Thanks.

Anyone.
Or should i just but a CD player.

After you insert your audio file in the starting slide, click on the sound icon and go to Slideshow Menu> Custom Animation> in the Multimedia Settings, click the box for Continue Slideshow and Stop Playing after the number of your last slide. That should do it.

The first answer will be better than mine, but I notice that when I put a Flash animation on the Master slide it plays continually (and in my case, because I'm puttin a special animation into the background, it was important that the animation not start over and replay with each slide change, but plays uninterrupted throughout the presentation).

I know that if you put your music into previously mentinoed Flash file, it too will play in the background uninterupted and continuously.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back