Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

continuous or "sticky" Apply button doesn't work

Status
Not open for further replies.

paulytoonuts

Technical User
Jan 28, 2008
US
Clicking the Apply button while holding down the OPTION modifier key does not engage the Continuous (or Sticky) Apply feature like it's supposed to. I'm using a Mac OSX 10.4.11 and Quark version 7.3 - I've had this problem with version 6 also. I've looked everywhere to see if anyone else is having this problem, but to no avail. Am I the only one experiencing this issue?

I've just discovered that the Sticky Apply feature works in the Character Styles and Paragraph Styles dialogs (accessed via the Style menu), but it won't work in any dialog box accessed via the Item menu, such as Item>Modify. I was lead to believe it worked everywhere. Does it not?

hi paulytoonuts
I am running OS 10.4.11 on Intel iMac and using QuarkXPress 6.52 and have no trouble using Option and Apply with tabs, when I select Option Apply the text will then move as I move the tab. Same with selecting and drawing multiple text boxes or lines, there is no problem here.
Maybe you could delete your preference file and let it rebuild itself, or you could just save it to another folder in case you need to put it back.
This is the file in your preferences folder, XPress Preferences.prf.
Hope this helps
IMacQuarker

paulytoonuts
I am not sure what you mean now.
If you have a paragraph with extra formating and highlight that paragraph and hold down the Option Key and choose a style that will give you the style and eliminate the extra formatting.
IMacQuarker

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back