Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Continuous Forms

Status
Not open for further replies.

RottPaws

Programmer
Mar 1, 2002
US
I'm trying to make the move to VB from MS Access, which I've used pretty extensively for a couple of years.

Access has a nifty setting for forms that enable you to make a form "continuous". For example, if I do a search for all open orders, I could have a continuous form that would open listing heading information from each order.

The form can have header and footer sections that appear once and it has a detail section that repeats for the number of records in the recordset.

Is there a way to do this in VB?

It sounds like you are looking to do a report here and not a form. You can do this with the Data Report option. This is located at Project->Add Data Report.

Hope that helps.

The Microsoft DataRepeater control will get you part of the way.

What I'm looking for is sort of the display capabilities of a report with the functional capabilities of a form. I'll look into the data repeater and see what I can do with that.

Thanks for the responses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back